StrainBank is a unique collection of clinical isolates that can be used to help you establish the activity profile of your lead compounds and candidates.
These isolates are highly characterised and, in many cases, mechanisms of resistance defined.
Our collection contains the following:
Human Bacterial pathogens consisting of clinical and type cultures:
Gram positive pathogens:
• Staphylococcus aureus including MRSA and VISA strains
• Beta Haemolytic Streptococci
groups A, B, C and G
• Streptococcus pneumoniae (including penicillin resistant strains)
• Vancomycin Resistant Streptococci (VRE)
• Bacillus species
• Clostridia (including difficile and perfringens)
Gram negative pathogens:
• E. coli including Extended Beta lactamase producing strains (ESBL)
• Acinetobacter baumannii including MDRAB
• Pseudomonas sp. including carbapenem and aminoglycoside resistant strains
• Haemophilus influenzae
Mycobacterium including MTB
• Aspergillus sp. (including strains resistant to azoles, polyenes and echinocandins with known mechanisms of resistance)
• Candida sp. (including strains resistant to azoles, polyenes and echinocandins with known mechanisms of resistance)
• Cryptococcus sp.
• Dermatophytes including Malassezia sp. and Trichophyton sp.
Please contact us if you would like to know more about StrainBank.
We also have an ongoing campaign of strain and isolate collection; if there are any particular strains that are important to your ongoing programs are not listed here, please contact us